Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Future

I changed my background for Christmas, but now you can't read the words. Oh well, live and learn. Speaking of learning, I've had a few things brought to my attention this week. First the newspaper is running a lot of articles about the banks failing, people losing their jobs, people who have had thier jobs cut to half time to help the company from failing. I've thought a lot about it and I am beginning to worry. They interviewed 8 people and asked them what were they cutting back on so they could continue to pay their bills. Most mentioned eating out, going to movies, driving less, and shopping less. They realized that some of these habits were undermining their financial security. One girl is now working 3 jobs just to keep up with her spending habits. So when does she have time to spend?

Our stake conference this weekend was about anchoring our testimony to Christ. The real theme seemed to be anchor to Christ because we are in for a very rough ride. I just thought that I would pass this message on to all those I love because I know that we have been warned and told to get out of debt. I know that it is hard and I hope we all can do it now! Love MOM

3 comments:

Dallas Daines said...

That is great advice!! It is true debt is a bad bad thing. That's why we are scared to buy a house. Not having any debt right now feels so good but I guess we can't live down in the basement forever.haha Thanks again for the advice. Your great!

Brie Wheelwright said...

That is something that we all definitely need to hear! By the way, we decided to surprise everyone. We're in town, spread the word.

Crystal said...

I have heard much of the same thing lately, it's scary!