Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Few Things of Interest





I have been quilting lately and my neighbor signed me up to be in a quilt guild. One of the first classes I took was a baby blanket with mitered corners. It is harder than it looks and turns out great so that you don't have to do any hand sewing. This blue square blanket is called a Benito Box and it drove me so crazy getting it to square up that I put it away for a few years and then just got it out and finished it. I like it because it is made of total scraps, even the back. So obviously I love to quilt with blue.
I have run across a few funny videos on line so just in case you are in the mood. The first one is bewareofthedoghouse.com and I know I've sent it to my immediate family, but those of you who read other peoples blogs check it out. Also I viewed one this morning on Visiting Teaching and it was cute. So give it a try. visitingteaching.blip.tv/#804254 it would even be appropriate to show in Relief Society. Anyway it's funny because we have all been or had these types of visiting teachers. Have a great week and get that Christmas shopping done.

3 comments:

Dallas Daines said...

Love the quilts!! You do such a good job on them. I love all of the ones you have made for me. Your great, love you.

Nikki Petersen said...

Karen your the quilting Queen. We always fight over who gets Grammys quilt when we are watching a movie. You are very talented.

Crystal said...

You ARE one talented quilter! I really hope there is a time in my life that I can spend some time quilting. All of your quilts are so beautiful and we love every one that you have done for us!

I also loved the videos! I actually had seen the visiting teaching one before..in relief society and I thought it was hilarious! We watched it last year at our yearly RS conference where we always talk about the importance of visiting teaching. It's too funny!

We will miss everyone so much for Chritmas....we hear it's going to be a VERY white Christmas!!